We are always recruiting volunteers to help us deliver exciting arts events and projects throughout Basildon. You can find information about our latest opportunities below, or contact us directly if you have skills or experience that you would like to donate to Basildon Creative People and Places.
OPPORTUNITY: Open Lab Festival Assistant
Open Lab is a brand new festival from BasildON Creative People and Places featuring arts and culture activities in shop units throughout Basildon town centre. Open Lab will feature six weeks of pop-up cultural projects in the heart of the town centre. We’ve got film screenings, augmented reality, temporary photography studios, art workshops and loads more going on! Over a six-week period, you might be helping artists install artwork, getting hands-on with workshop delivery, welcoming visitors into the space and providing important direction, or assisting us with evaluating success by talking to visitors about their experience.
Experience and qualities needed:
- Good communication skills
- Able to relate to people of different ages, backgrounds and cultures
- Comfortable working independently when required, and as part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Enthusiastic about creating fun cultural experiences that are accessible and inclusive for everyone.
- We will provide you with any other support, training and knowledge you need.
By volunteering with us you will:
- Join a thriving community of volunteers who are all committed to making a difference in Basildon
- Gain unique experience for your CV, college or university application
- Build transferable skills in customer service, problem solving, team working and event management
- Flexible hours and days that suit your lifestyle and commitments
- Meet new people and work closely alongside local and national artists
- Access further unique opportunities to contribute to CPP as a volunteer and a decision maker
- Receive reimbursement of food and travel expenses
When: Open Lab will run between May 10th and 2nd July 2021. But you will need to attend a 2-hour training session in the weeks leading up to May 10th, date TBC. The days and times that you can volunteer are flexible. We ask you to make a minimum time commitment of 4 hours per week. You will be asked to contribute your availability to a shared rota and your volunteer shifts will be confirmed before the start date of Open Lab.
Where: Open Lab pop-ups will be located in empty commercial units throughout the town centre.